Adderal prescription

Helloguy

Adderal prescription

Post by Helloguy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:46 pm

I looked and looked so many different answers.. I got diagnosed with ADHD and hold merchant marine credential from the Coast Guard.. I’m prescribed adderal once per day 5mg .. if I get a random do I have anything to worry about?? What’s The common procedure for a positive for adderal when you got a valid prescription.. Is it reported to company and / or CG

Robert Swotinsky MD
Site Admin

Re: Adderal prescription

Post by Robert Swotinsky MD » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:50 am

Thank you for visiting this site!

This site's focus is on promoting best practices for the conduct and interpretation of workplace drug tests. Questions like, Will I test positive? What happens if I test positive? etc., can detract from the site's focus. I'm posting this response and locking the topic, as there are no doubt other places that people can go for advice about whether or not they will test positive and how to respond.

If someone has a legitimate medical explanation for his/her positive drug test result, as determined by the medical review officer who receives and interprets that test result, the test will be reported to the designated recipient as negative. If someone is taking amphetamine pursuant to prescribed treatment, that would be a legitimate medical explanation. The medical review officer would reach out to that person after getting his/her result from the lab and offer the person the opportunity to present that explanation.