Medical marijuana....again

BradWalshMD

Medical marijuana....again

Post by BradWalshMD » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:45 pm

I've reviewed last year's thread regarding the topic of medical marijuana, 3/2019. I agree and find the recommended approach appropriate. I'm wondering if anything has changed in the last year regarding the topic. Currently have a donor who's state has legalized THC/CBD. She obtains her THC/CBD tincture from a dispensary with a "prescription" from a doctor within that state. She states she does not have a "card" per se, but was "certified" by said doctor. I've asked her to fax me any info from her doctor and dispensary for review. She works as a nurse. I informed her I'd have to review it but there were likely to be some issues. After reviewing the thread from 3/2019, if all holds the same, it sounds as if I don't need any of the information she might be sending me. Rather I should report as positive with safety concern for work as a nurse, and allow her state board of nursing and employer sort out the ramifications of her state's laws regarding medical marijuana. Thoughts? Rapidly changing issue which leaves employees, employers, and MRO's all in a lurch.