Questions on the revised CCF

DrCRZ

Questions on the revised CCF

Post by DrCRZ » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:39 pm

Questions regarding the new CCF revisions.

1. What can we use to sign-off on a result if Copy 2 is missing, since we can no longer use copy 3-4-5.
2. Why is it that on Step 1-C SS# or Employer ID was not replaced by CDL lic# and State Issued instead, which is now required.

Separate issue:

1. What do we do if the donor has no CDL license number but instead has only a CLP or Commercial Learners Permit? Can the CLP number be used instead?

Thank you for your help.

Robert Swotinsky MD
Site Admin

Re: Questions on the revised CCF

Post by Robert Swotinsky MD » Wed May 27, 2020 5:43 pm

Questions regarding the new CCF revisions.

1. What can we use to sign-off on a result if Copy 2 is missing, since we can no longer use copy 3-4-5.
Find Copy 2. (Sorry. We will no longer have the luxury of substituting copies 3, 4, or 5.)
2. Why is it that on Step 1-C SS# or Employer ID was not replaced by CDL lic# and State Issued instead, which is now required.
The federal CCF is used by NRC, federal agency workplace testing, non-FMCSA DOT testing, and finally (and mostly) FMCSA DOT testing. The feds didn't put in CDL and state of issuance because that's specific to FMCSA DOT testing.
Separate issue:

1. What do we do if the donor has no CDL license number but instead has only a CLP or Commercial Learners Permit? Can the CLP number be used instead?
I got this response from the FMCSA Clearinghouse support:
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 5:31 PM
To: Robert Swotinsky

Good afternoon

Yes, the CDL or CLP number and State of issuance should be entered on the CCF.

Gian Marshall

DrCRZ

Post by DrCRZ » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:32 am

Thank you for your reply Dr. Swotinsky. If I may ask you another question on this same thread. I have a donor who came back positive for Codeine at 17000 and Morphine >20000. She is using tincture of opium. Could this be a product impurity at such a high level or can I safely and fairly report this as positive for codeine. She denies using any other codeine product.

DrCRZ

Post by DrCRZ » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:03 pm

Sorry Dr. Swotinsky. I started another thread for the above question. Follow up question on this thread.

If Copy 2 is lost and cannot be found is the test cancelled as in "no CCF."