Performance enhancing drugs in police recruit applicant

docrja

Performance enhancing drugs in police recruit applicant

Post by docrja » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:57 am

Any experience with Police Candidates on HCG/testosterone injections weekly?
(also adjuvant Arimidex weekly to counter testosterone injection)

Dear Colleagues:

I have 26 y/o male police candidate with all the records and have examined him but have not yet passed him medically. Records show no abuse, side effects or lab/adverse effects in the records and I have all progress notes for past 7 years. Records show valid h/o hypogonadism with good response to the testosterone/HCG in the records.

Employer here has NO policy written on PED's for new police recruits, but they have, rarely, fired our Graduate police officers caught using testosterone with no valid prescription ( I have witnessed 2 cases, and I have MRO'd 2 of them).

Please advise since this may be an EEOC/DFEH (California) complaint or suit if we disqualify him.

Thank you!
Docrja
Medical Examiner for Large City Municipal Police Department

Robert Swotinsky MD
Site Admin

Re: Performance enhancing drugs in police recruit applicant

Post by Robert Swotinsky MD » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:50 pm

The information posted does not substantiate a substance use disorder, e.g., substance abuse or substance dependence as defined by the DSM. If the employer has no administrative policy that prohibits such use, I think the occupational physician is likely to find this patient qualified after doing due diligence (as you've apparently done).

docrja

Re: Performance enhancing drugs in police recruit applicant

Post by docrja » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:17 pm

Thank you Dr. Swotinsky.
I concur.
I am waiting for the Employer HR officials to tell me there is no specific policy, and give me the green light.